The screenplay for Allen Wolf’s Hooked continues to win awards. Here’s a sampling of the response to the screenplay:
A very sweet and endearing romantic comedy, with an excellent relationship between Violet and Shawn at the center.
A rewardingly nuanced, three-dimensional, and charming– if unconventional–love story. Strong character voices define the entirety of the plot, while the genuine chemistry between the central roles creates a natural, seemingly effortless appeal within both their relationships and their perspectives in broader terms … Superb characters, strong dialogue, and a polished overall execution wind up rendering a finished product that seems in many ways both moving and entertaining.
Incredible characters and story.
Hooked is a sweet, touching story that works to bring out the best in people, using autism as a backdrop.
Hooked is a fluently written romantic comedy that both acknowledges and deviates from the conventions in a sparky, original manner … While this set up might seem wildly implausible at first glance, it’s established in a very organic way, with warmth, intelligence and wit – three qualities that characterize the rest of the screenplay … Overall, this screenplay achieves the rare feat of being both funny and romantic, delivering an emotionally satisfying ending to Violet and Shawn’s misadventures, without patronizing the audience.
A lot of heart, poignancy and charm.
- Top 15% Austin Film Festival
- 2nd Place in the Cinequest Film Festival.
- The Screenplay Award at the Las Vegas Film Festival
- Top 5 Finalist for the Kairos Screenplay Competition
- 2nd Place in the Cinequest Screenwriting Competition
- Semi-finalist in the Final Draft Big Break Screenplay Contest
- Quarterfinalist in the BlueCat Screenplay Competition
- Semi-Finalist for Table Read My Screenplay
- Quarterfinalist in Scriptapalooza
- Rated Top 3% of Screenplays at Script Shark
- Honorable Mention at the Colorado Film Festival
In 2015, Hooked was published as a novel and quickly won critical acclaim.